I got a very pleasant surprise over the weekend – Lis and Steph over at 26.2×2 nominated me for a Liebster Award! I had never heard of this before, so here’s a quick explanation:
The Liebster Award is some online lovin’ given from bloggers to other bloggers who have 200 followers or less. Here are the rules:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to nominate for the award.
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
- You must go to your nominees’ blogs and notify them!
- What is your preferred sport and why do you love it so much? As much as I’ve enjoyed running since I started over a year ago, my preferred sport is softball. Fastpitch softball, to be exact (because I think slowpitch is kind of boring). I played through high school and wish more than just about anything that I had tried out for the college team. I love that sport so much, and I’ve taken up umpiring in order to get my softball fix in the summers.
- Tell me about your worst running/fitness related injury. Ugh. The IT band thing that I’m still fighting through. What a nightmare.
- What type of running/workout shoes do you wear? Would you ever try something else? Right now, I’m running in Asics GT1000s. I like them just fine, but I actually prefer Mizuno Wave Inspires. Mostly because they come in beautiful, flashy colors, ha. I’m open to trying anything that fits my foot and carries me through the long runs, so I’m not terribly picky.
- How long have you been pursuing a healthy lifestyle? I made a New Year’s Resolution for the year 2013 to get healthy, and to run a half marathon, and I achieved both of those. So it’s been almost a year and a half, now!
- Currently, what are your short term goals versus long term goals? Short term – finish Grandma’s Marathon, whether in pain or not. Long term – take a break after this race season and get healthy so that next season is pain free!
- Favorite running/workout gear? Gosh. I have so many things that I love! I have one UnderArmour infrared long sleeve shirt that is excellent in the winter, and a North Face FlashDry that is also superb. I love my UnderArmour infrared leggings, and the Victoria’s Secret Sport leggings I got for Christmas. I have some North Face capris that I love, and some Brooks shorts that I always wear as soon as they’ve been washed. And I have two tank tops that I love – one REI brand, and one Nike brand. And I have an Illuminite jacket for the winter that is fantastic. I’m kind of all over the board, but I have different things for different occasions!
- Finish this sentence: when I’m not running/working out, I’m… Uh. Working. Reading. Writing. Editing for summer internships. Doing homework of my Master’s Degree. Umpiring. SLEEPING. I need to be better about the sleeping. Hanging out with H and Ole. Despite what non-runners think of runners, I do have a life outside of running, haha. A very busy one, in fact.
- What was the last great book you read? That last one? Paper Towns, by John Green. But I have read many great books, and hopefully will get to some more sometime this summer? Maybe? After summer classes and internships? Oy.
- What’s your favorite healthy food/meal? I have the tendency to not eat as healthy as I should, but I do enjoy a good salad with spinach, bell peppers, onions, cheese, and croutons. And peppercorn ranch, which probably eliminates the healthy factor. Oops. Haha.
- Your favorite unhealthy food? DARK CHOCOLATE. And cake. And white cheddar popcorn. And anything that is sold in the candy aisle, pretty much. Or the chip aisle. Most of my diet is unhealthy, actually. 🙂
All right! Here are my 10 nominees!
- Katy at Photoworthy
- Karla at Karla’s Journey
- Petey at Thought at Work
- So What? I run.
- Ruth at The Crazy Runner Girl
- Jo-Anna at My Endless Summer
- Cathy at The Hungry Nurse
- The Sleepy BookNerd
- Scott at PirateBobcat
- Canadian Bride Blogging
And here are my questions for my nominees!
- What is your favorite vacation destination?
- What is the last good book you read, and why was it so great?
- What is the last good movie you saw, and why was it so good?
- What is your favorite TV show, and why is it your favorite?
- What is your favorite meal of the day, and why?
- What is something you are working on improving in your life?
- If you could only listen to one band for the rest of your life, what band (or singer) would you choose?
- What are your hobbies?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite snack food?
I can’t wait to read all of the answers! Congratulations, and pay it forward!