I can hardly believe this, but I was nominated for a second Liebster Award this week! This time, it was by Broke Girls Go Out, a really cool blog about enjoying life on a budget. Thanks, ladies!
As I stated a couple of weeks ago, the Liebster Award is a peer award. It is given from one blogger to the next, forming a chain of awesomeness. It is a way to acknowledge blogs that you love and tell others to check out these blogs that you love. Pretty cool, right?
The rules have changed a little this time around, so that will keep it interesting. To accept the award (again), I have to:
- Thank Broke Girls Go Out by linking back to their blog (THANK YOU!)
- Share 11 facts about myself
- Answer Broke Girls Go Out’s 11 questions
- Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 2,000 followers (I can’t nominate Broke Girls Go Out again, unfortunately, and I’m going to share the love by choosing different blogs than I chose last time)
- Think up 11 questions for my nominees to answer
So, here we go!
Facts about me (some of these may be repeats, but I’ll try to share some things you may not already know):
- My favorite color is green.
- I wear bright colors whenever possible. Things are too dark and bland in the world. Colors make people smile, and keep me seeing the bright side of things.
- I used to figure skate. I stopped once I reached the points of learning intricate jumps and spins, because my vertigo couldn’t stand it.
- I have slight vertigo. It was diagnosed in college and it explains why I get so motion sick in anything that moves. Including elevators. Which sucks.
- I also have reactive hypoglycemia. My blood sugar sometimes drops to the point where I get dizzy. Or H’s least favorite – hangry. Which is so hungry that I get angry. It’s a thing.
- I like to binge watch television shows. This year alone, I’ve finished Grey’s Anatomy, watched everything available on Netflix of Revenge and Hart of Dixie, and then completed Veronica Mars and Freaks and Geeks. Now I’m rewatching Psych – I saw the first four or five seasons in college and after, and now I’m just catching up and hoping to finish the show. Yeah. H says I have a problem.
- I get overly involved in television show characters. I’m still upset about Veronica and Logan breaking up at the end of Veronica Mars (although the movie redeemed it a little bit), and DerMer is one of my OTP’s.
- If you think I get overly involved in TV characters, wait until I get into a book or a book series. If you didn’t read my review of the Divergent trilogy, you maybe should. Then you’d understand. Tris and Tobias, man. I can’t even talk about it. #love
- I just finished my first year in a Master’s Degree program in Technical Communication. One year left! I hope to be a copyeditor (or any kind of editor, really).
- I love to read and write. I don’t have much time to do either these days, but I’m hoping that, once I’m done with my Master’s Degree, I can get back to both.
- I used to work at David’s Bridal selling wedding dresses. Weddings are my favorite.
Questions from Broke Girls Go Out:
- What is your favorite city and why? Oh, gosh. My favorite city is probably my hometown. I’ve never found anything that quite compares to it, and I’ve been a lot of places. Second choice – Bozeman, Montana. Third choice – Denver, Colorado. I love the mountains.
- What is your favorite money saving tip? Pack your lunch for work. It saves a ton of money, as opposed to going out to lunch every day.
- Where would you go on your dream vacation? EVERYWHERE. I’d take a year to travel the whole world. How awesome would that be?
- What is your favorite food? Macaroni and cheese. Or dark chocolate.
- If you could have ANY animal as a pet, what kind would you choose? A baby duck! Or baby goose! As long as they stayed babies. Otherwise, probably a llama or an alpaca.
- What’s your favorite book? This is impossible for me, but I have reread The Pact, by Jodi Picoult, probably the most times. Or the Harry Potter series.
- What is your favorite cocktail? There is a cocktail at Granite City called a Flying Monkey, and it is delicious. It has lemonade, strawberry puree, strawberry schnapps, and peach vodka in it. And this bar that H and I like (called The Muddy Pig), has fruit-infused vodka that I put in lemonade. And it is delicious.
- What is your dream job? Copyeditor. I love grammar and all of that red-pen stuff.
- If you could have any superpower, what would you want? Invisibility. I love eavesdropping and learning things about people. It would be easier if they couldn’t see me. And I didn’t have to talk to anyone. Ha.
- What is your favorite quote? “She believed she could, so she did.”
- What would you do if you only had 48 hours to live? I would marry H, fly somewhere warm, and die on a beach in the sun with a book in my hand.
- Chewy Reviews
- Fat Girl to Ironman
- Glitterbombs of Glory
- Sunny Regards
- I Prefer Deep Blues and Sea Foam Greens
- The Fourteenth of April
- Running From It All…
- The Princess and the Jog
- It’s Always Sunny Running
- My Journey: 1,000 Miles in 2014
- My Journey to Qualify for the Boston Marathon… and Everything in Between…
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- Favorite clothing brand?
- Favorite movie?
- Favorite TV show?
- Favorite book?
- Favorite physical activity?
- Favorite song?
- Favorite celebrity blog?
- Favorite color?
- Favorite season?
- Favorite beverage?
I realize that this is a lot of favorites, but a person’s favorite things say a lot about them! Congratulations, everyone, and happy blogging!